The truth is that learning more about victims rights in medical malpractice, product liability and other personal injury cases better enables you to protect yourself and to choose the right lawyers to represent you or a loved one in a medical malpractice or other case. Take the time to educate yourself on these terms, issues of interest and legal cases by looking through these resources.
• According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than half of Americans are now taking at least one prescription drug.
• The Institute for Safe Medication Practices provides a partial list of prescription drugs with easily-confused names.
• In medical malpractice, the plaintiff must show that the doctor’s actions were a proximate cause of his condition.
• The recent DePuy hip replacement recall is an example of a design defect leading to a product liability lawsuit.
• If you need to obtain a police report in Washington, D.C., just follow these simple steps.
• Terry Paul Smith received a prescription with incorrect dosing information and died as a result. Read more about this tragic story in this news article.
• Medication errors may happen more than the public realizes. Many lawsuits regarding such errors are settled out of court, and plaintiffs are forced to sign confidentiality agreements.
• Head over to WebMD.com to learn more about concussions.
• Johnson & Johnson’s heartburn medication Propulsid was the subject of a major lawsuit in the early 2000s because of its deadly side effects.
• To learn more about malpractice, check out this definition from LectLaw.com
We hope these resources were helpful to improve your understanding about your legal rights and entitlements in your prospective medical malpractice or other case.
In the Washington, D.C., area, count on The Rich Firm to provide the legal representation you need to file and win a medical malpractice claim in court. Call our office today at (202) 529-9379 to set up a consultation.